#Veganuary just got a whole lot healthier with this spicy "Italian sausage" cauliflower crust pizza! Our vegan Italian sausage is made using @omnipork and smoked paprika. Perfect for those weekend pizza cravings when trying to stay healthy this month.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
1) Working in batches, pulse cauliflower florets (one whole cauliflower) in a food processor until finely minced (it should look like like tiny rice pieces).
2) Once you're done, place it all in a large microwave-safe bowl adding a microwave-safe plate on top to cover. Pop it in the microwave for 5 minutes. Using a spatula, stir the cauliflower gently and then pop back in the microwave for a further 5 minutes.
3) Let the cauliflower and bowl cool to room temperature for about 15 minutes. Then put it in the fridge to cool completely. Whilst waiting for it to cool, preheat your oven to 425F and place an oven tray upside-down in the oven.
4) When the cauliflower has completely cooled, use a lint-free kitchen towel and work in batches to squeeze out any excess liquid from the cauliflower. Discard the liquid and place the solids in a large bowl.
5) Add in a mix of flaxseed and water (egg replacement), almond meal, vegan cheese, salt and garlic. Mix together well, then form a 12x12” circle on a large piece of parchment paper.
6) Carefully transfer the pizza onto the pizza stone (parchment included) and bake for 15 minutes.
7) For the Italian sausage tomato base, start by sautéing 1/2 a packet of omnipork with salt, pepper, and 2 teaspoons of red #mykchillisauce
8) Add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and 1 cup of hot water.
9) Add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil and cook on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
10) Take the pizza out and top with sauce and your choice of cheese. Place it back in the oven for 10 more minutes till the cheese has melted and started to brown.
11) When you take it out, carefully transfer it on to a wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.