A bowl of steamed rice can seem a bit dull & flavourless but a pilaf with the kick of MykChilli is quite the opposite! Ingredients & embellishments vary between pilaf recipes but the basics of a fluffy and fragrant pilaf are simple and consistant. The MykChilli chefs prepared it with some sweet & sour pork but it goes with anything and everything!
- 1 Onion
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp of Tumeric
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tsp of Green MykChilli Sauce
- Spring Onion
1. Fry sliced onions in vegetable oil in a large frying pan or saucepan until softened.
2. Stir in 1 tsp of turmeric, then rice, and keep stirring until the grains are golden.
3. Pour in hot vegetable stock and bring to a boil
4. Once at a boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15 mins until the rice is tender
5. Remove from the heat and stir through green mykchillisauce, spring onions, pistachios and some seasoning before serving hot!