Check out our latest #Veganuary recipe for "scallops", Korean style!
FOR THE GOCHUJANG GLAZE
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red MykChilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons Gochujang Sauce
- Heat sesame oil in a sauce pot. Add garlic and ginger and sauté until soft but not brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix. Let simmer for 15 minutes. It will thicken up slightly. Can add more water if sauce becomes too thick.
NOW MAKE THE MUSHROOMS:
- Wash 3 large King oyster mushrooms and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut off the cap and the very bottom of mushrooms (keep aside for making vegetable stock in future).
- Cut the remaining stem into 1-1.5 inch thick pieces. Score top and bottom with a knife.
- Heat up a pan to medium-high, add 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Then place the mushrooms in the pan and let them cook on each side for approximately 5-6 minutes till the mushrooms brown nicely on the top and bottom. Don't turn too quickly. Season with salt.
- Once the mushrooms have browned nicely on each side pour the sauce over them and let it mix for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and top with white sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!