I can't get no 𝑺𝒂𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒔-faction! Try our juicy lemongrass chicken satays with a side of fiery Pilaf!
Satay marinade (4 skewers)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp red MykChilli sauce
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 6 shallots (peeled)
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp salt or as needed
- Cube chicken 1" thick and set aside.
- Blend all the marinade ingredients in a food processor until smooth and add water if needed.
- Combine the chicken and the marinade together whilst stirring to mix well.
- Place chicken in the fridge to marinate for approximately 6 hours.
- When ready, thread 4-5 pieces on a bamboo skewer (note that you should pre-soak skewers in ice water so that they don't burn when grilling)
- Lightly spray grill pan with avocado oil spray and put on a medium-high heat.
- Grill satays for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly.
- Serve with side of spicy Pilaf!
Check out our pilaf recipe to complete the meal!