Don't Gnocchi-T till you try it! Soft and pillowy potato dumplings, Gnocchi is classically Italian and makes for a satisfying meal no matter how they are served. Baked with creamy cheeses, sauteed with fresh vegetables or dressed in a tangy tomato sauce, they are a clear winner. Give our MykChilli squash sauce a go and let us know what you think!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 500g pre-made Gnocchi (we used gluten-free gnocchi by Granoro)
- 2 cups of butternut squash (cubed)
- 1tsp red MykChilli sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 3tbsp olive oil for the sauce, 1tbsp for pasta water
- 1 large sprig of rosemary (roughly chopped)
- 1 vegetable stock cube (we used Kallo organic vegetable stock)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 litre water, boiled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat olive oil on a medium-high heat
- Add garlic, rosemary, squash, red MykChilli sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes
- Add hot water followed by the stock cube
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 25 minutes. The sauce is ready once the squash has reduced into a nice thick consistency
- In a separate large pot, add water (enough to cook the gnocchi), salt and olive oil. Once the water has boiled, add gnocchi and cook for 1-2 minutes. The gnocchi is cooked when it rises to the surface of the boiling water
- Transfer gnocchi to the sauce mixture along with 4-5 tbsp of pasta water. Cook on med-high heat for 1 minute
- Take off the heat and add 3/4 of the Parmigiano.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle remaining Parmigiano on top. Garnish with a small sprig of rosemary and serve immediately!