Give this fragrant chicken MykChilli marsala dish a go this week and change up your normal roast chicken night! No pre-marination required, the red MykChilli sauce packs a fiery punch!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1lb. Chicken breast, pounded 1/2'' thick
- 2 tsp red MykChilli sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 6 oz shimeji mushrooms
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary, save a pinch for garnish
- 3 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tbsp. oil and 1 tbsp. butter in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate, and set aside. Add 2 tbsp. oil and 1 tbsp. butter, and then add mushrooms and most of the rosemary; cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to plate with chicken, and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet, and then add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring, until soft, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 tbsp. flour; cook for 2 minutes. Add Marsala and stock; cook, stirring and scraping bottom of pan until slightly thick, about 2 minutes. Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper; garnish with remaining rosemary.