A typical South Indian dish, uttapam is considered an Indian pancake made from idli/dosa batter. Easily available at any Indian provision store or home-made, the MykChilli chefs have created a spicy MykChilli cashew chutney that accompanies uttapams perfectly!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 25 cashews, plain & unsalted
- 1tsp red MykChilli Sauce
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt to taste
- Garnish - black Sesame seeds
- Soak cashews in hot water for 15 minutes.
- While the cashews are soaking, lightly fry the shallot in 1tbsp of avocado oil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain the water from the cashews and combine in a blender with red MykChilli sauce, fried shallots, lemon juice, Greek yogurt and remaining 1tbsp avocado oil. Blend till mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and garnish with black sesame seeds. Serve immediately alongside hot uttapams!